Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Oh Yes, I remember it well...

 
Oh Yes, I remember it well...
 
Saw this on Facebook today and I was spiraled back in time...
 
I was eight months pregnant with Cameron and Steve caught me in the bathroom in the middle of the night crying my eyeballs out... I was in the bathroom for the third time that night and all of a sudden it hit me " I am never going to sleep through the night again". When I told Steve he just chalked it up to another pregnancy drama moment (believe me there were plenty) but the thought of the loss of my precious sleep was real and I was bummed.
 
Flash forward 25 years (which have really sped by) and I now see my Daughter in Love Beka dealing with two little ones and one on the way, she is alone because my son is in Basic Training in the Air Force keeping his "Eye on the Prize" which is an excellent future for his family. She has the babies on an excellent schedule and for the most part they sleep through the night, but there are always exceptions to the rule, sick babies, teething whatever...Children and her being alone robs her of the peace that allows her to rest.
 
My heart goes out to her and to all the mothers I know out there with little ones or soon to join the ranks of the mommies union.
 
My mom had four little kids and was going crazy until her lifeline my Aunt Audrey gave her the famous line she repeated to all new moms (including me) "THEY WILL GROW".
 
Yes, they will grow, you will have a day without crying and you will sleep again.
 
I Promise...

No comments: