Sunday, January 12, 2014

Why The Red Bead???



My Son, My First Born, My Baby has made a decision to serve our Country by enlisting in the United States Air Force...

"I am in the Delayed Entry Program so I won't be leaving till at least February"...

"They Called me Mom... I leave Dec.3rd..."

Welcome to the world of service honey, your life is no longer your own...

We sure have learned this over the past month, our family has been sent into a tailspin of getting ready and sending our son off to serve, and feeling the effects of his sacrifice.

His wife and babies are horribly missing him, he has been married and out of our home for five years, we didn't think his leaving would change our household that much...

But it has...

Everywhere we turn we are reminded of our son. "That was Cameron's favorite" keeps coming up over and over. We keep saying things like, "That's a Cameron and Daddy movie" and "Cameron would LOVE that!" He is on our minds constantly, He is in our hearts always...

Letters are arriving ACTUAL HAND WRITTEN LETTERS!!! I didn't know my son even knew how to write a letter! In them we can hear his voice, he is so excited about all he is learning, what he is doing, the History he is making... BUT also in his letters we can tell he is anxious, very anxious... Anxious to see his family, not just his wife and babies, he is wanting his ENTIRE family, that means US! Daddy, Mommy and Brother...

Especially Daddy..."Dad, I cant wait to see you, Dad I cant wait to show you what I am doing here, Dad you are coming right?" Dad, Dad, Dad... Eric and I were feeling like small potatoes until my friend summed it up...

"Cameron KNOWS you and Eric will come" But my dear husband will have to overcome himself in order to see his son again. Steve has fears of flying, heights and leaving his home and his doggies. These are real issues to him, his fear is crippling.

But his love for his son is greater...Cameron KNOWS his daddy loves him, but Cameron wants his daddy, and in spite of himself and his fears, Daddy will go... Because his son wants him to.

We want this important reunion to take place and that is why I am selling crafts, I don't normally sell my crafts, I would rather give them away because with each thing I make, a piece of my heart goes with it, plain and simple.

Because of my strong desire to reunite our family and make this Airman's dream come true, we are creating and selling crafts all with one red bead, to remind you that YOU are making a difference in the life of a young man who, for many good reasons has decided that protecting and serving our country was his calling...

God Bless Cameron Miller, God Bless this Journey, God Bless America, and God Bless You, and Thank You for your support...



No comments: