Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Gene

In the past I have mentioned what I believe that some are born with the Star Wars gene and some are not.

My husband has the Gene so bad that he left our wedding rehearsal dinner to go see the first showing of Return of the Jedi. When we were married just one day we saw it again. I like Star Wars but I am sorry to say, I do not have the Gene.

Our sons have the Gene but the force runs stronger in Cameron than Eric. Star wars has always been a part of our lives and family, we wear the clothes, have all the DVD's and my garage is filled with action figures. One thing that we did not get into however was Transformers.

The toys were just too complicated to put back together once transformed so we just left it at that.

When the last Transformer movie came out I had no interest in seeing it but the men folk in the house went and loved it! The first day it came out on DVD we purchased it and they insisted I watch it and I liked it too. (Liked, enjoyed but did not love)

Last weekend we had a wonderful dinner to celebrate Eric's middle school graduation and we decided to go to the movies to see the new Transformers movie.

To me, it was entertaining, a little loud, a little confusing, but I did manage to stay awake the entire time which is a real positive for me. What I loved most about the movie however was the audience reaction. The kids LOVED the movie, they love the characters and cried when it was sad(one little boy had to be taken out of the theater cause he was so upset) and cheered when the good guys did good. I really enjoyed hearing the reactions because it reminded me of the good old days when my sons were younger and really got into the movies. If your child has the Transformer Gene then I suggest you take them for a fun ride. It made me smile...

No comments: