Monday, March 23, 2009

The last week

This is the last full week of my March off track and the last time Eric and I will be off track together.

I can't believe he will be starting High School later on this year, but we have had eight wonderful years of breaks, Our favorite thing to do on vacations is simply relax and hang out. We do love our trips and have gone on several that have given us wonderful memories.

Today I will be taking him to the Arboretum one of our favorite places in Arcadia Ca. If you ever get an opportunity to go there you must, and take your kids cause they have the best climbing trees.

It is fun to explore and see where the old TV show Fantasy island was filmed along with Tarzan and a ton of other movies. It is a super cheap day and bring some bread to feed the ducks and geese.

I have been to the Arboretum tons of times, when I was growing up in Azusa, the Arboretum was the place we went to every year on our elementary school field trip. Yawn... Been there done that

One day, the boys and I were on vacation and we went to visit dad, I got the idea to take the boys to the Arboretum and when we got there the boys were thrilled. I will never forget that Cam saw a bus load of kids arriving for a field trip and he said "This would be the best place for a field trip" I just giggled.

Now the Arboretum holds special meaning as it is the place were my son Cameron proposed to his now wife Beka. Good times, Good times...

No comments: