Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Jobs...

For the past several years I have not been home for Trick Or Treaters. Either I was working at a Harvest Festival or taking kids around town... Whatever...

We have decided that no matter what we are doing, our house will always remain open for Trick Or Treaters and it was Steve's job to "Man The Fort"... I do admit I was a little jealous when he would tell me about the cutest little princess', kids that cracked him up, or scary costumes, so this year I was super excited when our church decided to have a daytime Harvest Festival which freed me up for the evenings festivities... Woo Hoo!!!!

I was really excited!!! Got the Candy Ready, Pumpkins Carved, Spider Webs set, Eric dropped off with his friends, Let the evening begin...

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...

I don't know if it was because of the Sunday Holiday but we didn't get our first Trick or Treater until after 6:30, well after dark... Steve and I thought the night was going to be a bust... I was bummed.

Finally, the kids starting coming... And Coming... And Coming...

It was just natural for Steve to get up to hand out the candy, but I really wanted to do it too, we started taking turns, but that didn't work out well either cause he still got up every time I did "To see the kids".

We were giving out three different candies so I would have the candy organized just right and he would mess it all up. humph!!!

Come on Troy, Take a Chill Pill, This is supposed to be fun...

Finally, I gave up, I had to face the fact, Candy giving out is Steve's thing and I was just cramping his style...

Guess we all have our Halloween jobs...

2 comments:

Michelle Coffman said...

I envy you your evening with Trick or Treaters! :-)

For the last two years, Matt's played in a Halloween (baseball) tournament so we haven't gotten home until well after Trick or Treat time is over.

Next year, next year I WILL stay home and give out candy!

Thany said...

Giving out candy is my favorite part and this year my big kids are seeing how much fun it is so I have to share with them!