Saturday, November 6, 2010

Something different

Last night we had a Potluck Thanksgiving at our Family Game night Ministry.

It felt SOOO strange to cook the Turkey and Gravy and that's it. It was so fun though and of course our meal was simply delicious.

One of the gals made seriously,the best Green Bean Casserole, it was Paula Deen's recipe so I say look it up and go for it... I will.

My other friend made some Crock Pot stuffing that was so good, I could have eaten the entire bowl... A Recipe I had to have... Give it a try

Slow Cooker Stuffing

1 - 8" square pan of cornbread (I like Marie Callender's) or you can use 2 boxes of Jiffy corn bread mix.)
8-10 slices of some other bread
4 eggs
1 onion, chopped
1/2 c, celery (you can get a pre-chopped mix of chopped onions and celery
at Stater Bros.)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth (15-16 ounces)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons sage or poultry seasoning ( I use poultry seasoning)
1 stick butter

Prepare cornbread according to package directions. Crumble cornbread and other bread together. (I like to crumble it and put it in a large pan, and let it dry over night).
In large bowl, combine all ingredients except butter and mix well. Put into a greased slow cooker and dot top with butter. Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 3-8 hours. Makes 16 servings

Have a Blessed Day

Love, Troysie

No comments: