Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 2nd.

I have never been a Democrat...

I guess I should take that back, I was born into a Democratic family so I guess I was a Democrat up until the age of consent that is...

I remember when it became time for me to register to vote, my dad showed me the pamphlet and where to check the boxes I needed to become a legal voter. When it came time to choose my party, I had to admit to my father that I was not going to register as a Democrat... He was surprised, disappointed, but not too angry,BUT I still did live in his house and ours was not a republican house so he let me register as independent.

I didn't vote for Jimmy Carter...

When I met my hubby Steve he came from a Republican household so I began to vote like he did. Oh how Steve and dad loved to debate the issues, Dad loved Steve and Steve loved dad and I think they enjoyed having political differences, it was fun and exciting to them.

I just was glad I finally got to come out of the political closet and be what I truly am...

A Conservative Christian Female Republican...

Today I wear my "I voted" sticker proudly.

God Bless America

1 comment:

Michelle Coffman said...

Wear it proud, lady! :-) Looks like we've taken back the House.