Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Meet you in Aisle 1

For me as a homemaker on a limited budget, grocery shopping and providing good meals for my family is one of the biggest parts of my job. I totally enjoy researching ads to see where the best buys for the week are. I love the sheer victory of saving 50% on my bill using coupons, it is almost like you are a celebrity as you walk out with a giant cart of groceries with your long receipt flowing in the wind and the confidence that you are still in your budget. To me, that is just plain Sweet.......

I am a Tuesday morning shopper, right after I drop Eric at school I am off, I find the best deals in the produce and meat sections that have not been picked over yet, it is almost like being the first one at a garage sale that has all your favorite goodies, I am just drooling thinking about it. Hee Hee Hee

I don't get to see my friend Kathy that often. Our sons have known eachother since second grade and when we see eachother we can chat for hours. I always run into Kathy in the produce section and we get a good laugh out of it. Occasionally I will run into her in the bakery section and that is when I say "I waited for you in the produce section but you didn't come" we crack up and catch up.

I see Jane my other girlfriend, but it is usually around the middle of my shopping day, around the bread aisle. She loves the green grocery bags I got her as a Bunco secret pal gift and uses them faithfully, she is so green...

Then there is Angie, my neighbor that I don't see often but can chat with for hours as well. She is an avid couponer and when I run into her she is awesome with her computer generated shopping list. She takes the cake! I recently went over to her house for a party and one of her friends was raving about a latte drink from the Coffee Bean shop. I went to the new grocery store in my area and sure enough they have a Coffee Bean store in the market. I thought to myself "What was the name of that Latte?" Then I thought "I wish Angie were here" Two seconds later I heard a "Hi Troy" and sure enough it was Angie! Yippee Skippee! I told her to meet me at the coffee bean for a mini visit and she was up for it. We got the Jasmine Dragon Mist Latte over ice (or something like that) We both liked it but wouldn't order it again. We laughed, and visited for a few brief moments and I just loved it.

Sure, it wasn't the hours and hours we probably need to fully catch up, but we will meet again soon in Aisle 1 and have to move aside when someone wants the canned soup we are standing in front of, but then... That's the fun of it all...

No comments: