Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Memoirs of a Kitchen Lady Nuts and Bolts

Things kids tell the kitchen lady in under 30 seconds...

Today I came across a young man in the lunch line who was playing with a Lego Spiderman and finger-sized skate board. He was having a great time with his toy while waiting for his turn. I asked him about his skateboard and he began telling me all about skateboarding, the skate park he likes to go to and how all he does is skateboard. He told me about this amazing trick he was doing where he turned the board on its side, BUT, the trick still needs work cause he keeps hitting his nuts...

We live in Fontana Cali where we have a NASCAR speedway. I never can understand NASCAR, I find no enjoyment watching cars go around and round in the hopes of a crash. The BIG race was coming up and a boy told me in a completely drooly- excited voice about how he and his father were going to the races that weekend!!! WOW, I asked what he sees in NASCAR and told him I dont really understand it and he said, "Oh, that's easy... It's all about the engines" Ohhhhh, engines, tools, catch me before I faint...

Because of the popularity of High School Musical, I am now very popular because my name is Troy..." Wow, how did you parents know that name would be so cool?"...

But one of my favorites was the boy that came up to me with a face full of frosting and crumbs who said " I dropped my cake"

No comments: