Saturday, February 9, 2008

Tweeners

Right now I am in a "Tweener" time of my life. The revelation recently hit me that I have no babies in my life. But it isn't just me, none of the women in my immediate circle of friends has any babies in their lives either. None of us are grandparents yet to which we all say "Thanks goodness" but still, it is strange to have absolutely no need to go in the baby isle in the grocery store. Even more strange is that after so many years, I have no reason to go in the Toy section of any store and I can't even remember the last time I set foot in a Toys R Us.
I have been fully involved in my sons and their toys.I have stood in line for Power Rangers, searched every store for Pokemon cards, waited for a store to open to buy Beanie babies and had the victory of purchasing a Tickle Me Elmo before they became scarce. I miss the hunt for the perfect toy. All hope would be lost except for my annual toy contribution at Church.
I know my time will come, and I expect in the next few years I will be eating my words, but for now, babies, I miss you...

No comments: