Friday, October 3, 2008

Blogging Bottle Friday

From The Blogging Jar
It is Friday Blogging Jar day...

This weeks random question

Describe the most serious illness or accident you have had.

I have been blessed with health so far and even babysat with pneumonia so I will talk of the most serious accident I have had.

Actually I have been in. I was 18 and my friend Susan and I had just come home from a party. Susan and I had such fun together and it had been a great day. About a mile from home we passed by a stop sign and the driver of the car who was stopped at the sign gunned it and crashed right into my passenger door and forced us across the street and head on into another car. Back then we didn't wear seat belts so I was tossed over to the drivers side of the car and ended up down on the floor board. I remember Susan had hit the steering wheel but all in all, thank God for the big Ford she was driving.

We got out and looked and we had hit head on with none other than my friend Kathy's moms boyfriend Duncan, his head was bleeding but he was OK too. The driver of the car responsible was an undocumented mexican drunk driver. Susan was crying, but for some reason I became a female Incredible Hulk. Luckily, they pulled me away from that guy cause I really believe I could have torn his head off. I remember telling him in Spanish to "sit down G-Damn You" cause he was trying to run away, mom said being half mexican paid off that day. LOL

It was a crazy scene, parents were called and we took Susan to the hospital. Duncan was OK too and so was I. Susan had been a Christian but was kind of taking a break from church but we really felt the need to go to church that Sunday and thank God for our health.

I will never forget it cause it was really the first time I went to church other than tagging along with my aunt as a small child. It was simply amazing to me because it seemed like the message was talking just to Susan and I. We were blessed.

Susan and I are still very dear friends and Duncan married Kathy's mom the next year and is still a great guy.

Life goes on... And the blessings continue.

NOW for the worst accident I have had.

Just got a brand new BMW sedan, I had the plates but hadn't put them on. Every time we have ever had fender benders it has always been when our cars were brand new without plates.

I was backing out of my girlfriends driveway and crash, I hit her brick mailbox. I got out and couldn't believe I didn't see it at all.

Her son came out and said "Hey, your car is brand new You're In trouble...It's a BMW, you're not in trouble... You're dead where you stand..." I always laugh at that memory.

Have a blessed week my friends...

No comments: