Sunday, April 19, 2009

Where's Your MOM!

Friday night Eric and I went to the local High School to see their annual dance recital, normally, this is a wonderful experience, I get lost in the music and I am always captivated by the movements of the kids and the gliding fabrics of their costumes visually it is stunning and Dance is something that I just plain dig!

Of course I know I am at a High School and I know (although I don't understand) that to high schoolers the signs everywhere saying no flash photography, no videos and please turn off cellphones do not apply to them.

You know how people sometimes say "My mother would roll over in her grave" (now that I just wrote that I wonder about the origin of that saying) Well I am not dead but that night I almost rolled over in my grave.

The young girl behind me had her cellphone on with its bright blue light shining over my shoulder I looked back and said "Honey, no taping allowed" She said "Oh" but a couple minutes later she started again, there was just no stopping her...

Spare me...

"Where's Your MOM?" I thought

Oh yeah, she is the one next to you who just took her SECOND!!! cellphone call during the performance...

Makes you wonder...

No comments: