Monday, March 15, 2010

Layers of Love

Steve and I have lived in our little house for 25 years this August and although I love my sunny yellow kitchen and my birdhouse border... It is time for a change.


So I began stripping and found the layers of borders of the past. First I found the most recent layer, blue and yellow birdhouses that I loved because there was a birdhouse church. Next was the pretty pink and yellow rose border that prompted the original yellow sponge painted walls. Next was a blue flower and bird house border and when the wall was finally stripped I smiled when I saw the blue stripe from my original Geese kitchen which was so popular in the 80's.


The final product was a nice gold and wine paint job with a new border that I love and should hold up another 10 or so years.



Goose kitchen... Ha!!!

No comments: