Monday, November 3, 2014

My Morning Begins With Bulletproof Coffee

Over the summer I made a vow that I would savor and enjoy my first morning cup of coffee and finish it while it is still HOT!

To me that is quite an accomplishment that requires me to get up and ALLOW myself more time in my morning routine.

The results...

I get up earlier than everyone else 5:15-5:30 depending on the coziness of my bed I have the house to myself... Ahhh peace and quiet.

I get my morning devotional done

I get to work relaxed and not rushed...

For quite some time my girlfriend has been going on about how much a morning cup of Bulletproof Coffee has benefited her, she feels great and has maintained her weight loss...

Sounded worth a try to me... If you google Bulletproof Coffee you will be directed to a person trying to see you the ULTMATE bulletproof coffee ingredients but my budget wont allow for that so I searched until I found the stuff. Went to Trader Joes at first, but found Winco had a better price on all the ingredients...

I got a mini immersion blender on Amazon for under $6.00 that I love and it makes my coffee yummy...

I am on a Chia seed kick so I add a teaspoon to my coffee and I am good to go until 10:00am, good on energy and satisfied...

Enjoy...

Heres the skinny on Bulletproof Coffee...

Main Components Bulletproof Coffee

Coconut Oil or MCT Oil – Coconut oil technically is MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride) oil, well about 65-80% MCT anyway. MCT oil is just more concentrated than coconut oil, but both have been shown to aid in fat loss. I use coconut oil because, to me, it gives it a nice taste and it’s a heck of a lot cheaper where I live!
Grass Fed Butter – Cows that have a diet of fresh grass yields butter that has improved consistency and nutritional properties. The increase of fresh grass in the diet proportionally increases the amount of fat content, specifically unsaturated fats, which gives a pleasant firmness. The nutritional quality also increases, it’s loaded with Vitamin K2 and Omega 3 Fatty Acids.
Immersion Blender – Go on and try to mix this up with a fork, you’ll be sitting there for 20 minutes and having terrible results. Oil doesn’t mix with water unless you give it some help. You need a blender to be able to force these 2 liquids together, giving you a finished look like a latte – foamy on the top.

Benefits of Bulletproof Coffee

Fat Loss. Plain and simple, the consumption of medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) has been shown to lead to greater losses in adipose tissue (fat tissue), in both animals and humans.
Eating Fat? Do I even need to explain this one? Eating fat has been shown to lead to greater amounts of energy, more efficient energy usage, and more effective weight loss.
More Energy. Studies have shown that the rapid rate of oxidation in MCFAs (Medium Chain Fatty Acids) leads to an increase in energy expenditure. Primarily, MCFAs are converted into ketones (our best friends), are absorbed differently in the body compared to regular oils, and give us more overall energy.
Heart Attacks? The myth that saturated fats increases the chance of Coronary Heart Disease has been debunked over and over. Recent studies show that saturated fats can actually have a positive effect on your overall heart-health.

What You Need for BPC

It’s a simple recipe, but don’t let that fool you. It tastes great, fuels you during the day, and has tons of additional health benefits. If you want to make it 0 net carbs, simply opt out of using the vanilla and heavy cream!
I want to say that I am not the creator of this recipe. David Asprey is the “inventor” of the original bulletproof coffee, but keep in mind that the name has become mainstreamed and is used to describe any cup of coffee with fat in it.
  • 2 Cups Coffee
  • 2 Tbsp. Grass Fed Unsalted Butter
  • 2 Tbsp. Organic Coconut Oil (or MCT oil)
  • 1 Tbsp. Heavy Cream (Optional)
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract (Optional
I'm excited to get this cute cup for my birthday thought I would show you

No comments: