Friday, November 6, 2009

Dear Thanksgiving

Dear Thanksgiving,

Today is November 6th and since you are still a few weeks away I thought I would go shopping and pick up a few reminders of you.

I looked all over and you were not there... Where have you gone?

I asked the clerk and she said that you have been forgotten, everyone has just moved on to Christmas.

This made me really sad, you are my favorite holiday. Not just because of the food but because of the family. To me, you are the most relaxing and fun day, our family keeps you really casual and fun, we laugh and play games and celebrate what you are all about...

Thankfulness...

Dear Thanksgiving, I promise that while others may have forgotten you, I will not!... To quote the words of one Mr. Scrooge

"I will honor Thanksgiving with all my heart and try to keep it all the year."


Blessings,
Your beloved Troysie

No comments: