Friday, November 13, 2009

The love of a dog...


I have two friends who recently have lost their beloved dogs. They are grieving horribly and my heart completely aches for them. Because I am a real pet lover,I have never been one to say those harsh words "it was just a dog" but I know people who think like that.

I still can cry when I think about Sydney and I taking our family dog Bandit to be put down and that was like 30 years ago. Just of that car ride and remembering how much I loved the softness of her ears and I lose it.

But on the other hand, that experience made me grateful that we can ease the misery of our beloved pets. If you have ever watched a loved one suffer before death you know what I mean.

Over the course of our marriage we have other had dogs and a million cats, but none have had our heart like our Yogi.

He is just two and full of life and love, the thought of one day reaching that milestone makes my heart already ache, but like someone said, pets help us to realized that our hearts can heal and life goes on.

But not yet...

No comments: