Monday, November 2, 2009

Va-kay day one...To Snooze or Not to Snooze?

Today is the first weekday of my November vacation Woo Hoo!!! So I asked the guys for a sleep in day and guess what? I got it!!! I woke up at 6:40am and realized the guys quietly got themselves off to work and school, I was simply amazed. Not a single "mom where is this?", or a yelled "Eric get up"

I planned for this sleep in day so last week I got Eric an alarm clock. I know, I know, he is 14 and totally capable of getting himself up but Steve and I are up anyways up so why not wake my wonderful baby up with my love and kisses, greet him with a warm breakfast and make the start of his day a good one. Together we set the alarm clock then came the question To snooze or Not to Snooze? . Eric's eyes lit up with the thought of extra moments of sleep but then I warned him those minutes come at a price... You actually have to wake up EARLIER to get the extra minutes to snooze...He decided against the snooze which I think is a good choice because Steve and I are not snoozers either.

We had a discussion about snoozing at my ladies bible study and the consensus was that most of the women snooze with the exception of one who was a "mega snoozer" and had to have her 45 minutes of snoozing minimum...

So today I used no alarm clock except for my internal one which is still set on standard time so I got a nice early start on my day.Oh yes I also forgot to mention that when I did get up every light was on in the house and the front door was wide open...I was glad for that standard time change.

I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!!

No comments: