Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's all about Me

For years I believed everyone was off of school because it was my birthday. That's what my mom said and it made perfect sense to me.

I don't know if it is because it is so late in the year but I get really excited about my birthday. My family and friends know this and always make me feel so special.

My girlfriends Dee Dee and Kathy love to do new things for our birthdays so this time we went to go see the taping of the Bonnie Hunt show (don't tell, Dee Dee called in sick) and I was reminded, it isn't about me, sure it's my birthday but more important, it is Veteran's day, a day to salute our soldiers.

The show made me cry, I am so proud of our soldiers and vets. They are proud to serve and I am proud to salute them.

With a piece of birthday cake of course...

No comments: