Monday, November 17, 2008

From the Blogging Bottle

I have the Monday blahs... Not much to write about, I am getting in the Christmas Spirit and feeling good and Holly Jolly, but alas, not too interesting so I will resort to the Blogging Bottle.

Question of the day...

Tell about a time that someone helped you in a time of need.

Scholarships

When I first became a homemaker we were on a squeaking tight budget. I counted EVERY penny. On one hand it was such a far cry from the financial abundance of the year before when I was still a career woman but you know what they say... The more you make, the more you spend. That was totally the truth. Actually, I was not complaining, I was home with my boys and it was really a victory to make it week by week. I was blessed.

Around the same time we had just started to attend a new church and I was really wanting to get to know the ladies better. I was excited that our new mega church had so much to offer but I got sad when I found out that the sign ups for the Women's Bible study and MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) groups I really wanted to join were due the same time. I was so sad that I would have to choose. I confided in a woman from my Sunday school class and the next thing I knew I had been signed up for both classes on scholarship. I was overwhelmed and so blessed by this act that whenever possible, I return the favor by buying an extra admission to ladies retreat or a luncheon or whatever is going on.

I will never forget the kindness of the ladies who took me in and made me their friend.

1 comment:

My life said...

Aww..thats great!

I just recently joined the local MOPS in my area.. and its really quite nice to have there.. Especially since we dont have a church anymore..thats a long story...But i love the devotions and just all the women. They are great!