Sunday, November 23, 2008

Me A Blessing???

Me A Blessing???

This week God had me step out of my comfort zone and give my first message at church during our Wednesday night amateur night. I was encouraged when I saw a DVD of Anita Renfroe at our ladies retreat cause she was so funny but she is a mom just like me. The one thing that has always held me back from speaking is that I cry easily, but God said "Go with it" So I gave everyone Kleenex and I went on with my message.

God had given me a message awhile ago but I never wrote it down or brought it to fruition until I was encouraged by my pastor.

Basically, the gist of of the message was on how I realized I was living the life that God indeed had planned for me and that God wants me to be grateful for my "Simple blessed life"

God has also given me the ability to share about my "Decision" to be grateful through blogging and My Space.

I did cry a bit when I shared my testimony on how my dear friend Elena blessed me with the scripture Titus 2:3-5 and how it describes me so very well.

But all in all, God did a work in me, I was bubbly, fun, witty, and entertaining, while ministering to my friends in the room.

Many said I was outstanding and how much I blessed them, it gave me confidence and I would love to speak again, I think I will build more confidence with each time I get up in front of others and who knows, maybe one day I will be invited to speak at a ladies retreat or luncheon. Hee Hee Hee

Well, I sure did enjoy myself and loved the feeling Wednesday night gave me but this morning I received a blessing far beyond my imagination.

A young woman at church whom I have seen many times but don't know her name came up to me and told me how much my message blessed her to be more grateful for her marriage and how her dream is to have simple blessed life like mine.

Wow! me a blessing? I feel like such a humble servant of God and yet, he uses me. Of all things...

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is all I can say...

No comments: