Friday, November 14, 2008

Hope it's worth it

OK, I am totally dating myself but the last time I waited in line to meet a celebrity, I was a middle schooler and my friend Kim and I rode the bus down to the Puente Hills Mall and met the De Franco family. If you have no idea who they are, you in luck cause you can google them. It was the
70's and Tony De Franco was cute. That's all I am going to say about that subject.

When you stand in line for something it is more fun when you have a friend in tow. I will never forget when my friend Becky and I stood in line for HOURS for Power Rangers action figures and came up empty handed,"Hey, they got two!!!". My pal Susan and I got wrist bands and spent all day at the mall waiting around for our number to be called for Bruce Springsteen tickets,that was a good wait, our seats were great! One Christmas I was working retail and I watched every morning as people lined up for Cabbage Patch Babies. You should have seen the riot when they actually were in stock!

I no longer stand in line for the day after Thanksgiving specials after one year I got up mega early (too early to mention, did I even go to sleep?) to get that amazing deal on a digital camera only to have the store open the opposite door and all the cameras were gone by the time they opened the door I was waiting at. I was done.

But tomorrow, I will give waiting in line for a celebrity another try. Why? because it is Marie Osmond!!!

I Love Marie Osmond! always have, when my friends were in Puppy Love with Donny, I was admiring Marie! She was the only girl in a family of guys and to me, she was like a princess, and you know me, I am all about the Princess. I used to watch her show as a teen, I loved that we were the same age and she got to do all that "Fun Stuff" and wear all those gorgeous costumes.

When Steve and I were getting married she was too, her wedding ideas were all the rage in the wedding magazines... exciting times, (for me at least).

I Love that she is a mom like me and although they are not my thing, I turn in when she is on the shopping channel selling her dolls cause they always look like they are having fun. She makes me smile and her stint last year on Dancing with the Stars just cemented my love for all things Marie, so when I found out she would be appearing at the grand opening of a home interior store near my house I am there!

I have gathered my girlfriends who all think I am crazy to bring my chair and wait before the store opens but I am going to do it, I have no idea what to expect, but to me, that is part of the fun.

Of Course I am dreaming that tomorrow I can add Marie to my circle of girlfriends, but I will settle for a picture.

No comments: