Saturday, September 27, 2008

From the Blogging Bottle

From the Blogging Bottle.

Well, I have to admit that the Blogging Bottle didn't work out very well. It was too hard to get the strips of paper out of the mouth of the bottle so now my blogging bottle is a jar. Oh well, me and my ideas...

Friday was a bust for me so I am playing catch up...

This weeks question from the jar...

Did your Grandmother make any special desserts or food that you enjoyed?

When I read this question I said UGH!!! I got really gypped in the grandmother department. I would have LOVED to have the kind of relationship my school friends had with their grandmothers who showered them with lovies and gifts galore. I honestly don't remember having dinner at my grandmas ever but I must have because she did make one dish I remember I did love.

Bread with Stewed tomatoes

It was a mushy gushy concoction with a little sugar added to sweeten up the tomatoes acid just basically bread and tomatoes mixed together and cooked. I know Yummy...

Both of my parents talked of hard times and little food as kids. Mom would talk of how her mother could make the best dinners out of nothing so maybe that is where I get my ability to make magic from my pantry.

I would LOVE to hear of your wonderful Grandma meal stories. I promise I won't get jealous

No comments: