Wednesday, September 10, 2008

From this day forward

Even with all the happiness of the wedding day, my heart did feel for my dear husband.

With his sisters death in April, Steve is now the last surviving member of his immediate family. He has Uncles in other parts of the country but none that are close.

He made a comment that he was sad his sister did not live to see Cameron's wedding day and that he had no family at the wedding.

Since the death of my parents and aunts and uncles my family has also gotten much smaller, but we are still close and I did have several family members at the wedding.

It is one of those you can say all the right words like "Today you now have a daughter like you always wanted" Or "Your family will continue to grow" But in reality, it just is a drag to only be 54 and be the last person alive in your immediate family. I have no idea what it would be like to not have my brothers or sisters, I would be lost and horribly sad. Sad like he is.

His whole life he was told he would not amount to anything by his father and sister who ended up taking their own lives. He knows there is nothing but wonderful future for our family. He knows the decisions he made as head of this household is what has brought him to this day with a son now married and beginning his own Christian family. He is a leader, an example and the best man I know.

I just wish for one day, I could take away his hurt.

No comments: